I think it's always a good time for potato salad and I stick to this one I learned from watching my Mom. She didn't have a recipe so neither do I. I adjust the quantities to the number of people around the table. In this case, three potatoes and three eggs to feed a threesome.
And you know what, no matter what the weather or the occasion, it always taste like Mom just finished throwing it together. What better way to salute her memory!
1. At least two hours in advance, boil the potatoes until a cake tester slides through easily. Boil the eggs for approx. ten minutes. Chill both in the fridge until ready to prepare.
2. Slice and dice the added veggies: carrots and onions. In this case, I'd run out of yellow onions and so I had to use a red one. It still tasted great.
3. If you're lucky enough to live where there are already fresh peas in a pod, then that's what you'll choose. For me, I took a cup of frozen peas and let them thaw.
4. Slice and dice the potatoes and eggs then put toss all the ingredients together.
5. Add mayonnaise to taste and top with freshly ground pepper and a sprinkling of smoked paprika.
Serve and enjoy!
The countdown has started: TOASTING UP TROUBLE
the first in my new Dinner Club Mystery series (includes recipes)
To pre-order, click here
Writing as Erika Chase -- the Ashton Corners Book Club Mystery series are available on-line or at your favorite bookstore.
Love to hear from you at my Facebook author page and
on Twitter @LWiken
Also appearing at www.killercharacters.com
Visit Erika at www.erikachase.com
at my Facebook author page
and on Twitter @erika_chase.