I thought these cookies would make a nice transition from cookie week to Iron Chef cranberry week. I love cranberries, especially the burst of flavor they release when you bite into them. A lot of cookie recipes use dried cranberries, which are fine, but there's nothing quite like fresh cranberries, even in cookies.
1 stick butter
1/3 cup sugar
1 cup light brown sugar
1 cup flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups rolled oats (not the quick cooking kind)
1 cup fresh cranberries
1/2 bar premium white chocolate (about 1.75 ounces) chopped into bits
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease a cookie sheet.
2. Cream the butter with the sugar.
3. Add the eggs, one at a time.
4. Mix in the cinnamon, baking soda, and flour.
5. Add the vanilla and oats.
6. Stir in the cranberries and white chocolate.
7. Drop the dough onto the greased cookie sheet one tablespoon at a time. Don't worry about making them perfect. They melt into rounds.
8. Bake 14 - 15 minutes.