|"Make Your Own Kahlua,"|
one of the many recipes in
Billionaire Blend. Click here
to download the free Recipe
Guide in PDF form.
The flavor of coffee in this "Eggnog Latte" cocktail comes from Kahlua, a rum-based coffee liqueur that's rich, sweet, and smooth.
Make Your Own Kahlua
For those of you reading my new culinary mystery, Billionaire Blend, you can find my favorite recipe for homemade Kahlua in the back of the book.
(Click here to download a free guide to the book's recipe section. A thumbnail image of its cover is pictured to the right.)
Now let's start making our
New Year Happy...
|Cleo Coyle, author of |
Cleo's Chilly, Creamy
Eggnog Latte Cocktail
Chilled Kahlua (or make your own coffee liqueur)*
Cold Whipped Cream
*As mentioned, you can find a recipe to make your own Kahlua in Billionaire Blend.
(1) Start with a pretty, clear glass for presentation. A stemless snifter, stemless wine glass, or clear tumbler will work nicely.
(2) Pour in a few fingers of Kahlua (or your favorite coffee liqueur), enough to give you a thick visual layer.
(3) Tilt the glass and position the spout of the eggnog carton against the rim, as shown. (If using homemade eggnog, place it in a container with a spout, such as a glass measuring cup.)
(4) Pour in the eggnog very slowly, as shown. Use the side of the glass to slow the pour even more and prevent it from mixing with the Kahlua.
(5) Because eggnog is made with cream, it's lighter in density than the Kahlua, which is why it will float. Continue pouring until you have a nice, visible layer.
How thick a layer of eggnog is up to your own taste. I like my eggnog layer to resemble the head on a dark beer--or the crema on a freshly pulled espresso.
Get 3 More Layered Drink Recipes...
|For more layered drink recipes and |
additional tips and tricks on
(including 2 how-to videos),
Newsletter is out!
* 2 contests with book giveaways
(and other fun prizes)
* New Year Recipes * Bestseller news
* Wolverine coffee * "Mathemagic"
* And something new for my
Haunted Bookshop Mystery fans...
To read my new newsletter, and get the
the links for the book giveaways and
other fun features, write an e-mail
that says "Sign me up" and send it to...
You will receive an auto-reply with links
to my last 2 newsletters.