Whole Wheat Banana Bread
by Faith Black (adapted from 100 Days of Real Food)
- 2 ¼ cup whole-wheat flour (or white whole wheat flour)
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- ¼ cup plain yogurt or vanilla flavored
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup oil (I used coconut oil)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- chocolate chip (optional)
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl mix mashed bananas with yogurt, honey, eggs, oil, and vanilla.
- Fold the banana mixture into the flour mixture until blended. Do not overmix.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake large loaf for 40 – 50 minutes or until it comes clean with a toothpick.
I use white whole wheat flour so it's not quite as dense (but is still a bit healthier). And I threw in some chocolate chips because I had them in my pantry and because, why not? The rest of the ingredients are so gosh darned healthy, you can afford to splurge a little, am I right? Also, I used vanilla Greek yogurt rather than plain because that's what I had in my fridge--in fact, I had all of these ingredients already in the pantry which made this both an easy and economical baking experience last night. And it meant we had a tasty healthy breakfast treat with our coffee this morning.
|Gather your ingredients|
|Don't forget to set a timer!|