Don't miss the fun of reviewing our Culinary Crime Files following my recipe. And may your holidays be bright!
Cleo Coyle's Chilly, Creamy,
Layered Eggnog Latte Cocktail
Chilled Kahlua (or make your own coffee liqueur)*
Cold Whipped Cream
*Get my recipe to make your own Kahlua in Billionaire Blend.
(1) Start with a pretty, clear glass for presentation. A stemless snifter, stemless wine glass, or clear tumbler will work nicely.
(2) Pour in a few fingers of Kahlua (or your favorite coffee liqueur), enough to give you a thick visual layer.
(3) Tilt the glass and position the spout of the eggnog carton against the rim, as shown. (If using homemade eggnog, place it in a container with a spout, such as a glass measuring cup.)
(4) Pour in the eggnog very slowly, as shown. Use the side of the glass to slow the pour even more and prevent it from mixing with the Kahlua.
(5) Because eggnog is made with cream, it's lighter in density than the Kahlua, which is why it will float. Continue pouring until you have a nice, visible layer.
How thick a layer of eggnog is up to your own taste. I like my eggnog layer to resemble the head on a dark beer--or the crema on a freshly pulled espresso.
Get 3 More Layered Drink Recipes...