The second book will be out in August. We are captivated by the cover.
We loved the first one and can't wait for the next installment. Mary’s sharing her recipe for Crispy Oatmeal Cookies today. It’s super easy and they freeze really well. We think they’re ‘dreamy’!
one stick of butter
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 tablespoon molasses
1 cup sugar
1 egg, unbeaten
1 cup flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup rolled oats (the quick cook, instant kind)
1/3 cup each raisons, dates, nuts
Combine the first 7 ingredients and beat thoroughly. Add flour and baking soda. Mix well. Add remaining ingredients.
What the Dream Club series is all about: A group of Savannah women get together each week to share their dreams, eat some fabulous desserts, and solve a murder or two.
Who is Mary Kennedy? Mary Kennedy is a clinical psychologist in private practice and lives on the east coast with her husband and eight neurotic cats. Both husband and cats have resisted her attempts to psychoanalyze them, but she remains optimistic. You can visit her at www.marykennedy.net
Five Things You Thought You Knew About Dreams
1. Most people don't dream. Actually, this isn't true. Sleep studies reveal that most people *do* dream, but they may not remember them.
2. Dreams really don't mean anything. Actually, some dreams seem to be just a collection of random impulses, but when you see a pattern in dreams, it could be related to something going on in your life.
3. If you're dreaming, you're not getting a good night's rest. False. Most researchers believe that the brain needs to dream. It's a way of consolidating information and processing information.
4. If you dream about dying in your dream, it could be that your death is imminent. False! If you frequently dream about dying or being in dangerous situations, it could be that you're experiencing anxiety about something in your waking life. It doesn't mean anything beyond that.
5. You can train your mind to dream about a particular person or topic. I have some clients who have had some success with this, but in most cases, our mind goes down its own path when we dream and we can't control the content.