She's also a devoted baker. In fact, I was tickled beyond belief to receive a care package of her homemade cookies for my birthday this year. I told Mr. Wendy about those cookies, but I sure didn't 'fess up to the true number. Mr. Wendy has mad math skills after all.
Well, a week or so back, she posted about making her daughter's birthday treat: Oreo-stuffed chocolate chip cookies.
Go on ...
The result was completely off the chain (that's really good, by the way). Unbelievably rich, but I still had to give them away lest I eat every last one and make myself sick.
Next up in my experiment? Rollos.
"Blame It on Aimee" Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookie Bombs
|Prepare for Awesome|
- Make a recipe of my Hippie Chippie cookie dough.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Unwrap enough mini peanut butter cups to make your cookies (I ended up with about 25).
- For each cookie, pull a chunk of dough and wrap it around the peanut butter cup, being sure the candy is fully covered. The dough balls will be bigger than for regular cookies, and you can't flatten them. (See below.) No worries, just place them on a cookie sheet lined with a silpat or parchment paper, spacing a good 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 15 minutes; cool on pan for 5 before removing to rack to cool completely.
- Try not to have your mind completely blown on the first bite.
|Fat balls of dough pre-baking|
Wendy is the author of the Mysteries a la Mode. Visit her on the web or on Facebook. She also writes the Pet Boutique Mysteries under the name Annie Knox; you can follow Annie on Facebook, too!